SMPS Lending Library
As a special benefit to SMPS members, we offer an exclusive library of publications devoted to marketing in the A/E/C industry. Other, more general business publications with applications in our industry are also available.
Check Out Procedures:
Simply e-mail the Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your selections. A confirming e-mail will then be sent to you with a pick-up date for your materials. If an item is currently unavailable, the requested book will be placed on hold for you and you will be notified when they are ready for pick-up.
Pick-Up/Drop-Off of Materials:
Books can be picked-up at Carpenter Marty Transportation (6612 Singletree Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43229). If this is not possible, other arrangements can be made. If you prefer, you can also mail, Fed-Ex or UPS the books back to the address listed above, Attn: Kristin Studabaker.
Each publication is available for loan for up to three (3) weeks to any current SMPS member from date of check out. In an effort to provide as many members as possible with access to the library materials, a limit of two (2) books per member is permitted at any one time.
Items Available to Borrow:
Books & Articles
• Markendium: SMPS Body of Knowledge
• Professional Services Marketing Articles
• Marketing Handbook for the Design & Construction Professionals 3rd ED. (8 available)
• Design.Market.Grow! Building an Enduring Practice Through Excellence & Experience
• Wired!: How to Crawl Inside your Client’s Mind for Success in Business Development (2 available)
• Bold Brand by Josh Miles (2 available)
• Marketing in the 21st Century for Design Professionals (2 available)
• Meaningful Marketing
• Refrigerator Rights: Our Crucial Need for Close Connection
• Rain Making: The Professional’s Guide to Attracting New Clients
• Creating Rainmakers: The Manager’s Guide to Training Professionals to Attract New Clients (2 available)
• Rain Making: Attract New Clients No Matter What Your Field
• The Next Boom: What you Absolutely, Positively Have to Know About the World Between Now and 2025
• BNI A/E/C Marketing Fundamentals (5 available)
• Plan It: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Market Planning and Budgeting
• Selection Success: How Consultants, Contractors and other Professionals can Increase their Success in a Qualifications-Based Selection Process
• 2009 Marketing Salary and Expense Survey
• Effective Marketing Communications Strategies that Get Results and Win Awards
• Motivate and Train Technical Staff to be Effective Business Developers
• Leveraging Client Relationships: How to Ask, Accept and Act Upon Client Feedback
• Winning the Short-List: Effective Presentations by Design (Webinar)
• Mastering the Hidden Wed: Uncovering Valuable Data About Clients and Competitors (Webinar)
• Don’t Put Your Socks on in the Dark: Building a BD Process for your Firm (Webinar)
• Bearing the Recession…Frontline Marketing Strategies for A/E/C Firms (Webinar)